Tue, Jun 06|
Agriculture Adventure at The Pencil Patch
Let's get outside, enjoy the fresh air, and get our hands dirty in the soil – all while learning about BC’s agriculture and food story!
Time & Location
Jun 06, 11:45 AM – 1:45 PM
Abbotsford, 1786 Angus Campbell Rd, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2E2, Canada
About the Event
Join us at The Pencil Patch – a garden for discovery and learning located in East Abbotsford.
Participation is FREE but registration is required. Please be sure to RSVP to this event.
- 14 Learning Stations: Provide fun and interactive BC agriculture subjects such as soil, pollinators, water, growing zones, the Agriculture Land Reserve, invasive species, dairy, and more.
- Large Garden Bed: Grows pumpkins, corn, beans, and rhubarb.
- Medicine Wheel: This traditional Indigenous concept provides learnings about the interconnectivity of the natural world to people.
- Pollinator Garden: Planted especially to attract and support pollinators.
- The Milk House: A former milk storage location for a 1920's dairy farm, the Milk House now holds the garden’s tools. This site also provides a talking-point for lessons on milk production.
- Raised Harvest Bin and Flower Beds: Showcase carrots, sunflowers, wheat, radishes, and greens as well as dahlias, marigolds, daffodils, lavender, nasturtiums, snapdragons, chamomile, lemon balm, agastaches, and scarlet runner beans (great for hummingbirds)! Plus herb containers display fragrant thyme, sage, chives, mint, and rosemary.
Please dress for the weather (and dirt), rubber boots, and bring a water bottle.
Grades K - 5
Please let us know if you or your child has a Bee Allergy at time of RSVP